Sunday, March 18, 2007

Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear

Squeakypants was napping on Thursday when I decided to grab the Lopi remnants I got at the stash swap and start on a felted draft dodger for the front door. I knew that the circulars I wanted to use were in my knitting basket, but it was kind of a tangled mess and I couldn't grab them immediately. I decided to clean out the basket - how bad could it be?
Hah.
I have now faced the full extent of my UFOs, and I am shamed. I present the following in archeological order, with the top layers first.
knitbasket contents 1From the bottom: Red sweater for Squeakypants, blue socks that I'm knitting two at once to avoid second sock syndrome, Ribby Cardi that I stopped working on when I realized that pregancy wouldn't let me wear it for a while, mittens with pop-tops for my dad in a pretty green/purple mix I found at Fiber Loft, shawl that I wanted to make for the wedding in St. Thomas that I ended up not being able to go to because: pregnant, blood clot, dissertation.
knitbasket contents 2...swatch that I was working on for a coat out of Red Pearl Uraguayan yarn, SnBN armwarmer plus yarn for the other, and one, two, THREE unfinished sets of socks, most of which haven't even made it to the one-sock stage (hence the need for two at once in the blue cotton yarn, above).

knitbasket contents 3 ... AAAAAAND a yarmulke I was making for myself with the white tree of Gondor on it (I started it just before Two Towers came out, yes it has been that long, and a ball of mohair that I was making into a lace something or other, but I suck at lace. It looks like just a ball of yarn with an ugly cast-on row because when I pulled it out of the basket it started to frog itself, and since I know full well that mohair doesn't frog, I felt I had to finish the job before the yarn remembered itself and stopped letting me frog it.
big green fuzzy blanket ...this doesn't even fit into my knitting basket.
Notice that starting on the very first layers of excavation, some of the projects don't even have needles on them anymore. This is because I took the needles out to work on something else. I also had at least three sets of yarn in the basket waiting to start up something new.
I was so proud of how well I de-stashed last week, but I now see that I have a more serious problem. I think I may have to institute a rule where I can only buy more yarn when I've finished a UFO.
Unless it's on a really good sale.
Or it's something I really really want.
Yeah.
At least I found the needles.
circular needles

1 comment:

Staying Fresh said...

Jenn, Will that chenille be for a sweater that looks like a bathrug? I knew you had some knitting skills, but I didn't know you rocked. West Coast Dave